[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[dist-obj] A university's anniversary; Linux challenge; idea's needed !
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, <email@example.com>
- Subject: [dist-obj] A university's anniversary; Linux challenge; idea's needed !
- From: Sandor Spruit <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 13:28:20 +0200
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Information and computing sciences, Utrecht University
- Reply-To: Sandor Spruit <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In about a year, the university I work for hopes to celebrate its
365th birthday (spring, 2001). Everyone associated with it has been
asked to come-up with special activities to make this a very special
A group of computer science people and Linux fanatics have launched an
initiative to build a 365 (!) machine Linux cluster and do all sorts
of parallel calculations with it. The hardware does not seem to be a
real problem; several departments have already promised to allocate
well over 200 machines - should this idea ever become a reality.
So, I'm looking for people with experience, knowledge and/or ideas in
this field. Suggestions and help anyone might be willing to offer is
most welcome !
ir A.G.L. Spruit,
Institute of information and computing sciences
Utrecht University, the Netherlands
To manage your subscription, mailto:email@example.com
Archives, FAQ, etc. http://www.distributedcoalition.org/mailing_lists/