[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [dist-obj] Am I Insane?
- To: "Joseph S. Barrera III" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [dist-obj] Am I Insane?
- From: Michi Henning <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:17:06 +1000 (EST)
- cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: moderator for email@example.com
- In-Reply-To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- Organization: IONA Technologies
On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:
> I know this isn't exactly the right forum, but please humor me.
> This is one group where I generally trust the judgement of its members.
> What type of bug would you say is more severe?
> (Note: I randomly ordered the two as to avoid biasing you.)
> 1. Crash, Java Exception, hang
> A. Data Corruption, Data Loss
To me, data corruption or loss is worse, simply because it can go on silently
for a long time, with no hint that something is wrong. When eventually
discovered, the damage may be irreversible and, ususally, it's much harder
to track down the real problem than when you get a core dump.
Michi Henning +61 7 3324 9633
Chief CORBA Scientist +61 4 1118 2700 (mobile)
IONA Technologies +61 7 3324 9799 (fax)
Total Business Integration http://www.ooc.com.au/staff/michi
To manage your subscription, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Archives, FAQ, etc. http://www.distributedcoalition.org/mailing_lists/