[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[dist-obj] Re: Hailstorm => Microsoft Domination of WWW
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [dist-obj] Re: Hailstorm => Microsoft Domination of WWW
- From: Albert Scherbinsky <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 15:29:08 -0400
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Software Press
- References: <3B32092F.C16EE715@rogers.wave.ca>
Albert Scherbinsky wrote:
> Is Microsoft's Hailstorm to level the playing field or to
> level the competition?
> 1) Is Hailstorm the next step in Microsoft's complete
> domination of the WWW? They already control the basic
> software infrastructure, the web browser.
> 3) With Hailstorm do they intend on controlling a global
> security system and access to all personal information?
> 4) Are there any efforts to compete with Hailstorm?
Apparently the people on the gnome project are working on a
Passport/Hailstorm work-alike called DotGNU:
To manage your subscription, mailto:email@example.com
Archives, FAQ, etc. http://www.distributedcoalition.org/mailing_lists/